Los Angeles Restaurant Tips by Escadora7
Los Angeles Restaurants: 877 reviews and 885 photos
If you are indecisive - DO NOT GO THERE. The menu is pages long. They carry everything you can think of from early morning breakfast to late night snack: soups, salads, sandwiches, hot dogs, grill melts, reubens, hamburgers, deli platters, steak, fries, fish & chips, chicken, mexican food, pasta, pizza, vegetarian, and anything else you can think of! Oh yeah - true to the jewish origin of delis: Nosh (bagel stuff). There is a large deli counter with alls sorts of sweets - drool!
We went to the JFD in the heart of Westwood - since this is UCLA territory we found many students deep in discussions, writing papers on their laptops, or just simply reading while "noshing". Jerry's in Westwood actually has a designated study-zone upstairs.
Favorite Dish: We had the Penne Chicken Breast (reeeaaaalllyyy good) and the Lox Pizza. The Lox Pizza is something else! It's a pizza without tomato sauce. Instead you get cream-cheese, lox, onion, and capers. We took it because the waitress recommended it - a unique taste and totally worth a try!
We finished up with the chocolate mousse cake. Unfortunately we were too full to finish it - what would I give to have this now. :-)
Address: 10925 Weyburn Ave, Westwood Village
Comparison: about average
Directions: Right in the midst of Westwood Village; from Wilshire: turn north on Westwood Blvd, then left on Weyburn - JFD is on the right hand side. Parking in the back (I think it's about $ 5.--).
The "Escpecial Burrito"
Ralph Rubio started the Rubio's fast-food chain back in 1983. The food is based on authentic Mexican recipes from the Baja area and contains lots of seafood. Rubio's is most famous for their Fish Taco, which contains beer-battered fish, shredded cabbage, salsa and tangy sauce in a crispy taco-shell. You will also find Fish burritos, Mahi Mahi tacos and burritos, and of course the more common Mexican dishes like chicken, carne asada, or carnitas. Vegetarian's won't be disappointed: cheese quesadillas, salads, nachos, and of course, any meal can be served without the meat - there are plenty of rice, beans, lettuce and salsa. For the health-conscious, they also serve low-calorie versions of the dishes.
Rubio's is way better than your average fast-food restaurant, nevertheless, you still have to go up to the counter to order your food, then pick it up when your number is called, fill up your drink at the soda-fountain, and help yourself at the salsa-bar. Unlike most other fastfood places though, they do server beer. Prices range from $ 1.79 to $ 6.99 per dish.
Favorite Dish: One of my all-time favorite dishes in the world: Rubio's grilled mesquite shrimp burrito (without the rice), dunked heavily into chipotle sauce. DROOOOOL!!!! ($ 5.79)
Address: Rubio's is a chain all over the greater LA area.
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Go to their website and find the one closest to you!
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (23)
Escadora7's Related Pages
Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting at the Heart of L.A."
- ""El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles""
- "Coming to LA, see what all of SoCal has to offer!"
- "Los Angeles"
- "My Hometown: Los Angeles"
- "Gloss Angeles"
- "City of the Angels"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Los Angeles
- Hotels in Los Angeles
- Transportation in Los Angeles
- Nightlife in Los Angeles
- Restaurants in Los Angeles
- Shopping in Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Los Angeles
- 25 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Los Angeles
- Uploaded a Photo to "CANCELLED: Oktoberfest - VT meetup"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Some missing places in India"
- Wrote a Review Greater Los Angeles area: San Gabriel Mission about San Gabriel Mission in Los Angeles Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Los Angeles
- Commented on one of jack-n's Los Angeles travel pages
- updated a Los Angeles Travelogue "VT-meet L.A.: Oktoberfest"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 80 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 25 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 21 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Goa Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Khandala Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Universal Studios- 120 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Hollywood Walk of Fame- 60 Reviews, 96 Photos
- Olvera Street- 61 Reviews, 152 Photos
- Disneyland- 59 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Venice Beach- 60 Reviews, 102 Photos
- La Brea Tar Pits - Page Museum- 31 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Hollywood Sign- 34 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Star's Homes- 15 Reviews, 25 Photos
- TV Show Taping- 19 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Griffith Park Observatory- 22 Reviews, 29 Photos
See All Los Angeles Things to Do