"Kudat - The Doggy Ear of Borneo" Kudat by cherkian
Kudat Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 50 photos
Kudat is well known for its coconut trees. It is still very much of a prevalent sight of coconut trees around the town and it was once a very strong economic resource of Kudat. The Rungus are the most famous ethnic group associated with Kudat. Referring to the map attached, you will understand why I posted the title of Kudat as the doggy ear of Borneo island. It looks like the doggy ears and it's exactly where Kudat is located
It was only recently, i.e. these late 2 years Kudat was developed as one of the major tourism spot. The selling point? The tip of Borneo or known as Simpang Mengayau, literally translated as Mengayau Junction.
- Pros:Nice isolated small towns for people who enjoy some quite moments
- Cons:Far from the activities centre, around 3 hrs drive from Kota Kinabalu
- In a nutshell:Pamper yourself with some me-and-myself-only moment with beautiful sea and embrace yourself to the welcoming wind.
cherkian's Related Pages
Kudat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kudat - The Doggy Ear of Borneo"
- "The tip of Northern Borneo"
- "Rungus Longhouse"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kudat
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kudat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kudat
Top 5 Pages
- Cheltenham Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tambunan Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Kudat Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sibu Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Kuching 2 reviews, 2 photos