"The Founding State" Top 5 Page for this destination State of New South Wales by TheWanderingCamel
State of New South Wales Travel Guide: 11,456 reviews and 28,715 photos
many quaint and historic old towns,
and empty outback,
there is so much more to New South Wales than simply the capital , Sydney - great town that it is.
Sydney is where the history of the European settlement of Australia began with a struggling penal colony and for several years that was all there was to the new country. Once explorers pushed north and south along the coast and opened up the way across the mountains to the sweeping plains on the other side though the colony soon attracted new settlers with its promise. Many of the small hamlets dotted around the countryside grew into towns and cities and New South Wales became, and remains, the most populated state in the nation.
There's still plenty of open space however and visitors who take the time to explore beyond the glass towers and glittering waters of Sydney and her beautiful harbour will find themselves richly rewarded.
Australian Christmas bells
Not that I'm a shopaholic, far from it in fact - but no visit to Sydney is complete for me without a visit to the Queen... more travel advice
Looking for a place to spend a few days relaxing, with good beaches for swimming and surfing , a bit of fishing, nice... more travel advice
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "Places close to Sydney"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 17 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
- Posted in Travel south island (physical feature ) Forum "Re: December 2013 travel to South..."
- Commented on one of globetrott's State of New South Wales travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stylish art and crafts"
- updated a State of New South Wales Travel Page "The Founding State"
- Wrote a Review High Victoriana in State of New South Wales Shopping
Photos in State of New South WalesSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Top State of New South Wales hotels
- Sydney Hotels
- 5744 Reviews - 13367 Photos
- Nelson Bay Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Coffs Harbour Hotels
- 239 Reviews - 522 Photos
- Chatswood Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Newcastle Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 608 Photos
- Batemans Bay Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 128 Photos
- Terrigal Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Katoomba Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 320 Photos
- Byron Bay Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 326 Photos
- Wollongong Hotels
- 195 Reviews - 576 Photos
- Bathurst Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 115 Photos
- Albury Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Broken Hill Hotels
- 132 Reviews - 338 Photos
- Kingscliff Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Parramatta Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 177 Photos