State of Western Australia Transportation Tips by TheWanderingCamel Top 5 Page for this destination
State of Western Australia Transportation: 36 reviews and 35 photos
Make a new friend
You will have to wear a helmet these days (this is an old photo) but bikes are still the number 1 means of transport around Rottnest. Bring your own or hire one when you get there and then you have the means to explore the whole island and meet some of the locals along the way.
Helmets and locks are included in the price of hire and there is a bike for everyone from kids who need trainer wheels up. There are trailers for babies and seats for toddlers - everyone rides on Rottnest!
I told you we should have booked!
As well as operating train services to the major rural centres of Bunbury, Kalgoorlie and Northam, Transwa, the country transport service in Western Australia operates a comprehensive network of bus routes serving country towns north to Kalbarri and throughout the southern half of the state, as far east as Esperance and down to Albany and Augusta.
Pre-booking is essential
Buses leave Perth from the East Perth Bus Station, West Parade, East Perth.
More Reviews (32)
- See All Golden ghosts
- To say "I was here"
- See All Unbeatable pies!
- See All Creepy crawlies
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
State of Western Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Western Australia"
- "Western Australia - Australias largest state."
- "Look into my big blue skies and long, long beaches"
- "The Golden West"
- "Western Australia"
- "Western Australia"
- "Western Australia- I LUUURRRVE IT!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Western Australia
- Hotels in State of Western Australia
- Transportation in State of Western Australia
- Nightlife in State of Western Australia
- Restaurants in State of Western Australia
- Shopping in State of Western Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Western Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bhola Hotels
- Thibodaux Hotels
- Sawai Madhopur Hotels
- Keta Hotels
- Saratoga Springs
- Calangaman Island
Badges & Stats in State of Western Australia
- 130 Reviews
- 221 Photos
- 224 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to State of Western Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Western Australia
- Posted in Travel south island (physical feature ) Forum "Re: December 2013 travel to South..."
- updated a State of Western Australia Travel Page "The Golden West"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Golden ghosts"
- Wrote a Review Golden ghosts in State of Western Australia Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of iandsmith's State of Western Australia travel pages
Photos in State of Western AustraliaSee All Photos (221)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Top State of Western Australia hotels
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4796 Photos
- Broome Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 372 Photos
- Margaret River Hotels
- 274 Reviews - 524 Photos
- Fremantle Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1134 Photos
- Bunbury Hotels
- 120 Reviews - 499 Photos
- Mandurah Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 280 Photos
- Geraldton Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 225 Photos
- Busselton Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 135 Photos
- Kalgoorlie Hotels
- 176 Reviews - 467 Photos
- Exmouth Hotels
- 99 Reviews - 236 Photos
- Rottnest Island Hotels
- 240 Reviews - 544 Photos
- Kununurra Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Kalbarri Hotels
- 144 Reviews - 367 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Upper Swan Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 145 Photos