"My country" Australia by TheWanderingCamel
Australia Travel Guide: 46,458 reviews and 120,076 photos
I wonder if school children still learn poetry by heart these days.
For those whose school days did include such exercises, there can be few who couldn't manage at least the second verse of Dorothea Mackellar's "My Country" and, for me, those few short lines conjure up about as good an image of Australia's wild beauty as any.
Just as by far the greater percentage of Australians do, I live in one of the cities that hug the coast, but the bush and the desert exert their pull over me and I too love my sunburnt country's
vast sweeping plains
ragged mountain ranges
- In a nutshell:Continued in the travelogue ....
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 162 Reviews
- 316 Photos
- 310 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue