Syria Warnings Or Dangers Tips by TheWanderingCamel Top 5 Page for this destination
Syria Warnings and Dangers: 60 reviews and 37 photos
No more night walks in the castle.
Guidebooks may tell you there is a hostel in the tower of the theatre/fortress at Bosra.
With the current archaeological work being done in the old city, this hostel is now used as accommodation for the teams working there and is no longer open to casual visitors.
There is a hostel outside the castle but I can't pass any comment on this. You would probably be better off returning to Damascus for the night unless you are intending to make an early start for the Jordanian border next morning.
Open all hours
Changing Syrian pounds back into other currencies before you leave the country is very difficult. Being stuck with them is not a problem if you are going on to Lebanon or to Jordan as you can use them there, but the best thing is to try not to have too many left. US dollars are accepted nearly everywhere, in fact they are all higher priced hotels will accept, so it's a good idea to have some of your money in small denominations and to keep these back until the last days of your time there. That way you won't be given large amounts of Syrian pounds as change.
Credit cards are more and more widely accepted in Syria all the time, which makes paying for expensive purchases easier than having to carry large sums in cash.
ATMs are very few and far between still, though there are some in Damascus and a couple in Aleppo.
More Reviews (85)
- See All Time for tea
- See All Hama to Damascus
- See All Qasr ibn Wardan - Outpost of Empire
- See All Do you have a sweet tooth?
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Syria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the first Civilizations"
- "Welcome to Syria"
- "26 December 2002 - 6 January 2003"
- "Syria through the eyes of an American"
- "Syria, History and Culture."
- "Off The Beaten Path"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Syria
- Hotels in Syria
- Transportation in Syria
- Nightlife in Syria
- Restaurants in Syria
- Shopping in Syria
- Warnings and Dangers in Syria
- See All...
Explore the World
- Rajkot Hotels
- Norfolk Island
- Malieveld Hotels
- Lakewood Park Hotels
- Booktown Hotels
- Mendoza Warnings and Dangers
- Melaka Warnings and Dangers
- Chisinau Warnings and Dangers
- Klaipeda Warnings and Dangers
- Ronda Warnings and Dangers
- Kalvarija Warnings and Dangers
- Olongapo City Warnings and Dangers
- Jeju-do Warnings and Dangers
- Louisiana Warnings and Dangers
- Arkansas Warnings and Dangers
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Syria
- 174 Reviews
- 188 Photos
- 96 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Syria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syria
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Top Syria hotels
- Busra ash Sham Hotels
- 51 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Damascus Hotels
- 822 Reviews - 2215 Photos
- Palmyra Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 764 Photos
- Saydnaya Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 7 Photos
- Safita Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Marmarita Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Kassab Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Jablah Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Idlib Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Hamah Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 421 Photos
- Aleppo Hotels
- 757 Reviews - 1848 Photos
- Baniyas Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Az Zabadani Hotels
- 1 Review
- Al Mayadin Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Latakia Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 180 Photos