"Un gusto de la Argentina" Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina by TheWanderingCamel
Argentina Travel Guide: 10,391 reviews and 24,630 photos
and you'd still only have scratched the surface of this fabulous country. So -
where to you go?
how do you choose?
With just three weeks, we opted for the obvious, the country's Big Five
Buenos Aires - of course - the name alone redolent of glamour and style. Avenues lined with beautiful Belle Epoque architecture and raffish La Boca. Politics and protest to the languid strains of the tango.
Patagonia - once considered the end of the earth - windswept steppe and mighty glaciers at the southern tip of the continent.
San Carlos de Bariloche - Argentina's alpine playground. Glorious vistas of lakes and forests, set right down in the middle of the Andes.
Iguazu Falls - Los Cataratas - most dramatic of all the world's great waterfalls, Argentina's Number one attraction, set amid the jungles of the country's far northern border with Brazil.
Mendoza - heartland of the country's wine industry, miles and miles of vineyards lying at the foot of the highest reaches of the Andes.
This trip was just a taste of all that Argentina has to offer. We're definitely planning to come back for more.
This page is just a taster too, Things to Do are going to be set out as a brief day by day telling of our jaunt around the country. Some days were packed with sightseeing, others were quite leisurely, whilst some were taken up with travelling. If you're considering a trip to Argentina, you might find it useful in planning an itinerary. If you've already been, or you're a local, you'll have your own ideas of how to spend your days, what to see and where to go. I'd love to hear from you if you do - we're definitely going again some day, and informed advice and opinion is very welcome.
There'll be general advice about some of the practicalities - hotels, travel, packing, etc and some other general notes. More detailed information can be found on location-specific pages - El Calafate (for the glaciers and Southern Patagonia), San Carlos de Bariloche and Mendoza are completed.
I hope you enjoy the trip ....
The magnificent colours of Argentina's mountain stones are carved and polished into a bewildering array of figures,... more travel advice
Even if you'renot a gardener (or a painter) the colours of Argentina's flowering trees and shrubs in Spring are a... more travel advice
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Argentina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Un gusto de la Argentina"
- "Endless Hope"
- "The road less traveled"
- "Argentina and its passions"
- "Argentina - Land of Passion"
- "A Crisis doesnt get the beauty away!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Argentina
- Hotels in Argentina
- Transportation in Argentina
- Nightlife in Argentina
- Restaurants in Argentina
- Shopping in Argentina
- Warnings and Dangers in Argentina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Argentina
- 172 Reviews
- 554 Photos
- 59 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Argentina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Argentina
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue