Wanaka Hotel Tips by TheWanderingCamel Top 5 Page for this destination
Wanaka Hotels: 5,438 reviews and 27 photos
Te Wanaka Lodge
Whether you're there for the skiing or just for the scenery, Te Wanaka Lodge is to be very highly recommended. Stylish, comfortable rooms - all with a small balcony and the latest flatscreen TV - and some with a stunning mountain view - two guest lounges, a spacious breakfast room (delicious home-cooked breakfasts, and a bar at night) and the warmest of welcomes make this a stand-out place to stay. A cottage in the garden has room for three guests as well as providing some basic self-catering facilities (fridge, microwave, sink, crockery, cutlery).
Returning guests like us feel as if they're coming home.
Unique Qualities: Hosts, Andy and Graham, really go out of their way to be helpful with suggestions and bookings for activities, restaurants, etc.
With all it has to offer, Te Wanaka is more like an boutique hotel - there's a library lounge with a log fire while the TV lounge has satellite TV and a video library. There are more tables and chairs on sun-trap balconies and a courtyard garden with an outdoor fire and seating plus a cedar hot tub/spa in in a quiet garden nook. For skiiers there's a gear drying room and equipment storage and for those who can't bear to leave the real world behind fax, internet and other business facilities are available.
The location's perfect - just a few minute's walk into town and down to the lakeside but in a quiet street.
Address: 23 Brownston Street, Wanaka
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: One block back from the centre of town
Phone: +64 3443 9224
More Reviews (9)
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Wanaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wanaka! My fav town in South Island!"
- "Warbirds, wonderful scenery and more .."
- "My base camp for NZ snow experience"
- "Wanaka on Lake Wanaka"
- "SCENIC WANAKA"
- "Wanaka and Queenstown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wanaka
- Hotels in Wanaka
- Transportation in Wanaka
- Nightlife in Wanaka
- Restaurants in Wanaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Wanaka
- See All...
Explore the World
- Exel Inn of Milwaukee West
- The Bay Hotel
- Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Castaway Beach Villas
- Quality Inn Nautilus
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
- Comfort Inn Conference Center
- Lagoa Azul
- Wayside Motor Inn
- Antoinette Hotel
- Hotel Mutiara Baru
- Lizard Island Resort
Badges & Stats in Wanaka
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Wanaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wanaka
Photos in WanakaSee All Photos (26)
Read real reviews about Wanaka Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
Latest Wanaka hotel reviews
- Cardrona Hotel
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Flag Hotel Mount Aspiring
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Te Wanaka Lodge Wanaka
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- YHA Wanaka
- 1 Review & Opinion
- The Moorings
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Wanaka Hotel
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013