"Man fears Time but Time fears the Pyramids" Pyramids of Giza by TheWanderingCamel

Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide: 440 reviews and 1,433 photos

The only survivors of the Ancient Seven Wonders of the World, the Pyramids are themselves a top destination in Egypt.. Gone are the Hanging Gardens of Nebuchadnezzar, the Colossus of Rhodes, the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus. The only ones standing are the Pyramids. In fact they are one of the oldest tourist attractions of the world. All sort of theories have been brought forth about who build the Pyramids but whatever the final conclusion is , the fact remains that the Pyramids were and still are considered a grand feat.

Ask anyone about Egypt Egypt and the first thing that comes to their mind is almost always these amazing structures - they are indeed the very symbol of Egypt.

"From the heights of these pyramids, forty centuries look down on us" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Take a look at the Pyramids Live!
Pyramids Cam

The Sphinx

And who could forget the Sphinx.!!!

• Pros:A must See!
  • Cons:Haggle Factor
  • In a nutshell:The Last Wonder of the World
  • Last visit to Pyramids of Giza: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2011

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Wish I could visit the pyramids! But I think the heat and the touts might spoil the experience for me.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Hopefully we will make it early Oct'10. Taking tour of Turkey with option of 3 continents cruise which includes day excursion to Pyramids from Port Said. However tour coy dates not definite, depends on bookings.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2009 at 2:15 PM

You are brave to ride camels!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2009 at 5:09 AM

One of those places I'd really like to visit - touts or no touts! Even more attractive on a cold windy winter's night, when I looked at the webcam and saw that it's 41.5 there ... well, maybe that's a bit too much.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM

The pyraminds are stunning. Nice page!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2008 at 2:36 AM

This is a "I wanna go there someday" destination! Thanx for sharing.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 4:55 PM

This adventure sounds very exciting and hot.....

• karcle's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 10:28 AM

i remember the thirst :)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Thanks for bringing back sweet memories about this magnificient place! Thanks for a link to a webcam. Really Pyramids deserve a separate VT-page. Good idea of the tip "The first time I saw the pyramids for real". I'll take it as a good example.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Definitely one of the World's Wonders! I'll never forget my Pyramid and Sphinx visit over 30 years ago - or my camel ride! Too bad I hadn't heard of the Mena Palace Hotel back then, but I couldn't have afforded it anyway!

Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza

Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?