Aqaba Favorite Tips by TheWanderingCamel Top 5 Page for this destination
Aqaba Favorites: 8 reviews and 16 photos
A coral reef in Aqaba
Favorite thing: The Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA for short) has introduced a special Economic Zone visa for Jordan, to be known as an "ASEZ visa".
Anybody arriving in Aqaba, whether at the port, at the airport or at the Arava crossing from Israel can get a free visa for Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, providing they leave the country within 15 days and do not need to register their visa for "renewal". Their passports are not subject to any special checks when they leave the Economic Zone.
Anybody arriving in Aqaba can if they wish, ask for a normal visa (usual price=10JD) instead of the free ASEZ visa. In this case if they want to stay longer than 15 days they can register at their local police station as per current practice.
Anybody holding an ASEZ visa, and wishing to stay longer than 15 days must extend it at the ASEZA office in Aqaba and not with their local police station as holders of a normal visa can do, so remember this and be careful about claiming the ASEZ visa if you will be in Jordan for longer than 15 days.
You still have to pay the exit tax when you leave Jordan (5JD)
Posted by Lulu
More Reviews (33)
- See All Duty free booze!
- Diving when you are moving on
- See All Diving : Yellowstone Reef
- See All Climbing a mountain!
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Aqaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aqaba : the sea, the ships and the shops"
- "The Gulf of Aqaba"
- "Watersports, lolling about and ancient remains...."
- "Aqaba: a Jordan town in the Red Sea"
- "Aqaba on the way to\back Petra"
- "Relax now...You are in Aqaba!!"
- "Last stop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aqaba
- Hotels in Aqaba
- Transportation in Aqaba
- Nightlife in Aqaba
- Restaurants in Aqaba
- Shopping in Aqaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aqaba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aqaba
- 34 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Aqaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aqaba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (88)
- Diving & Snorkeling- 13 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Beaches- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Glass-bottomed Boats- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Al-Sharif Bin Hussein Ali Mosque- 2 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Local Life- 7 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Flagpole- 3 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Mamluk Fort- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Day Trip - Pharaoh Island- 1 Review, 4 Photos
- Archaeology- 2 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Ancient Aila- 1 Review, 5 Photos
See All Aqaba Things to Do