Amman Hotel Tips by TheWanderingCamel Top 5 Page for this destination
Amman Hotels: 7,193 reviews and 111 photos
From the hotel window
A quiet, convenient location, clean good-sized rooms and helpful staff make the Abjar a good choice mid-range hotel in Amman. There is a restaurant, coffee shop and swimming pool and the hotel is only a short walk from the King Abdullah Mosque. Other places you might wish to visit are just a short taxi ride away - a dollar at most.
Address: Jebel al Hussein
Comparison: about average
Hotel and pool
This really is a splurge but, if the budget will stretch, you will enjoy it. Very new, and very opulent, the Jordan Valley Marriott is totally geared to pleasure. Whether you take your salt scrub in the Dead Sea itself or in the luxurious spa, it's very invigorating and you know it must be doing you good. Ask for a room on the pool side - the view is better. Weekends can be very busy indeed, the hotel is usually full then but if that is the only night you have, avoid the north sea-side rooms if you want a good night's sleep -the disco is on that side!
Unique Qualities: There are several restaurants and bars to choose from, 3 swimming pools and a beautiful spa. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with deep balconies - it's exactly as you would expect a 5 star hotel to be. What makes it different from a thousand other similar resorts is the Dead Sea itself. There isn't another place on earth like it.
Address: Dead Sea Road
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: The northern end of the Dead Sea, about 35 km from Queen Alia International Airport.
Yes, the rooms were comfortable, but they were a bit shabby and tired - but then, so were we after arriving in Amman at 2am and losing a suitcase on the way! We were very glad of a comfortable bed and a hot shower when we woke. Breakfast was fine next morning, the staff were helpful and efficient and we were on our way. The Best Western Dove is an unpretentious city hotel, perfectly adequate for a night or two.
Address: Qurtubah St
Comparison: about average
Directions: Jabal Amman
More Reviews (21)
- Guiness is good for you
- Join the Hash
- Christian Amman
- See All The new Mosque
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Amman Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amman: the heart of Jordan"
- "Amman عمّان"
- "Amman--City of Smile"
- "Back after 8 years"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amman
- Hotels in Amman
- Transportation in Amman
- Nightlife in Amman
- Restaurants in Amman
- Shopping in Amman
- Warnings and Dangers in Amman
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amman
- 24 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 59 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Amman?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amman
Read real reviews about Amman Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (89)
- The Souk- 11 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Dead Sea- 15 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Citadel- 29 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Roman Theatre- 31 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Mosques- 29 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Jerash- 26 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Churches- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Umayyad Palace- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Temple of Hercules- 7 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Mount Nebo- 6 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All Amman Things to Do