"Everyone says it ....." Top 5 Page for this destination Esfahan by TheWanderingCamel

Esfahan Travel Guide: 339 reviews and 996 photos

"Esfahan is half the world" - and to those who coined the phrase, so it must have seemed. It is a most beautiful city with fabulous buildings - mosques and palaces, minarets and madrassas - that glow with glorious tiles and exquisite frescoes; lovely parks and gardens ; riverside walks and graceful bridges; teahouses to linger in. Go and you too will be seduced by all its charms.

leyle

• Last visit to Esfahan: Oct 2001
  • Intro Updated Apr 7, 2005

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 6:15 AM

So many wonderful mosques, buildings (even the hotel) and bridges in one place! This really brings home what a wealth of culture and history is in Iran.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Last week I brought the Iran guides from the library, but it's much nicer to read your interesting and inviting tips. I can hardly wait to go there myself.

• Oct 24, 2007 at 12:07 AM

a delightful page leyle. iran is drawing me more and more in. decisions decisions!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Very impressive buildings and bridges. I'd love to go to one of those tea-and-poetry evenings, though I don't suppose I'd understand much. (Or do they provide translations into some Western language?)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Aside from the lovely antiquities here, the thought of having afternoon tea beneath a picturesque bridge sounds wonderful!! Very nice tips....

• smeagol13's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2007 at 7:30 AM

since I am planning a travel throguh Iran to India, I visited your pages and I think they are really very helpful for those who want some information about the country. thanks for sharing your ecperiences and knowledge.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Iranian are masters in hydraulics, and bridges and garden watering have no secrets for them;your writing shows how relaxed it looks there; thanks for sharing Leyle

• Neilzonwheelz's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Leyle, your Iran pages tempt me so much, sadly George W has made it complicated. Great pages & source for future wish list, sigh.....

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 12:42 AM

I think we've been seduced by your pages

• grets's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 3:53 AM

Wow! That's all I can say!!!!!! :-))))))))

Badges & Stats in Esfahan

Have you been to Esfahan?

Latest Activity in Esfahan