"Tehran - Museums, murals and much more......" Top 5 Page for this destination Tehran by TheWanderingCamel

Tehran Travel Guide: 516 reviews and 1,662 photos

Sprawling, choked with traffic, messy -Tehran is all these, but it is also vibrant, varied and much more interesting than most guidebooks would have you believe. With its tree-lined avenues, wonderful museums, fascinating bazaar, shops and restaurants, huge murals of mullahs and martyrs, modern skyline and mountain backdrop, the city will surprise you and may well end up charming you too.

leyle

• Last visit to Tehran: Oct 2001
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2005

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2011 at 5:39 AM

Interesting guide ...probably I will never visit, but I wanted to see out of curiosity. Good work.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Wow, the Parthian Gold looks so fine...and the Green Palace is amazing. I'm hoping my aunt's Iranian husband would bring me there someday...would be an awesome trip! Norman :)

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 7:47 PM

An interesting look at a place I may never get to visit.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Another excellent page Leyle. I like the sound of the Reza Abbasi Museum and Darband teahouses especially. Great shopping tips too!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 1:33 PM

A very interesting page, Leyle. The teahouses are something to which I would really be drawn and the former shah's home was exquisite!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2007 at 5:14 AM

Fascinating place. We should send American tourists there instead of American bombs.

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 2:12 AM

Great page Leyle ! Iran offers so much to the visitor. I hope I will see it one day!

• Jul 21, 2007 at 4:53 AM

It's Esteghlal, not Esteghal just a typo thing, other than that pretty good description.

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Great page Leyle - sensitive and balanced thoughts. Moses' store looks like my kind of shopping!

• Jun 5, 2007 at 9:37 PM

now why haven't i seen this page before? i guess reading the orientalist lately has piqued my interest and got me searching! a great page on this fascinating place, one i hope to see one day (or at least eat the food at your house! hahaha!)

Badges & Stats in Tehran