"Pixies, cream teas and a beautiful blue sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Cornwall by TheWanderingCamel
Cornwall Travel Guide: 1,683 reviews and 4,295 photos
I lived in Cornwall for over ten years, until I was around 20 when I rather reluctantly moved away – Cornwall is not only lacking in bright lights, but also in good jobs. I have never forgotten the time I spent there in a small village between Penzance and Land's End. At the end of my time there I was independent as far as transport was concerned, and I acted in two plays at the Minack Theatre, wandered along the strand at Porthgwarra, walked the cliff paths and visited many houses where clocks bore the names of wrecked ships.
Most of my tips here concern the extreme western end of Cornwall, with an occasional excursion north to Newquay or east and south to the Lizard Point. I'm not trying to give an enormous amount of detail, just to point out somewhere interesting, or some interesting information about a well known place.
The Scilly Islands (also known as "Scilly") are more difficult to explore, needing both time and a boat, but I did manage a couple of extended visits here as well.
Making this page has been a return to a land that is still vivid in my memory, and has been a true pleasure in itself. If I have brought something of the same pleasure to anybody who reads it then this is an extra. For once I am speaking the simple truth when I say that I am not bothered by the ratings for this!!!
All reviews and photos on this page posted by lulu - please see our Homepage note re photos.
Cornish fairings are spiced biscuits, very similar to ginger biscuits - but not quite! - and the best known ones are... more travel advice
In a field not far from Lamorna, you will find one of the finest stone circles in Britain. There are nineteen stones,... more travel advice
TheWanderingCamel's Related Pages
Cornwall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Putting the "corn" back in Cornwall"
- "Pixies, cream teas and a beautiful blue sea"
- "The End of England"
- "Cornwall - picturesque and friendly"
- "Just Beautiful!"
- "Kernow Istorek (Historic Cornwall)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cornwall
- Hotels in Cornwall
- Transportation in Cornwall
- Nightlife in Cornwall
- Restaurants in Cornwall
- Shopping in Cornwall
- Warnings and Dangers in Cornwall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cornwall
- 53 Reviews
- 154 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Cornwall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cornwall
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzbekistan Intro, 73 reviews, 246 photos
- Turkey Intro, 49 reviews, 221 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 54 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Libya Intro, 49 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Argentina Intro, 48 reviews, 185 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Intro, 49 reviews, 165 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 50 reviews, 161 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 42 reviews, 164 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 46 reviews, 158 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue