"Pura Vida!" Top 5 Page for this destination Dominical by wishuponastar284

Dominical Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 26 photos

This past Christmas Eve, December 24th of 2004 we left the cold air of Maryland and ended up in warm, tropical Costa Rica. There were a total of 7 of us, me, my mom, stepdad, 2 stepbrothers, a stepbothers' girlfriend and my best friend Sarah. We landed in San Jose where we rented "The Galloper," our transportation for the duration of our stay. The 7 of us packed into the car, tied our luggage to the top and we were off to Dominical, a small town on the Southern Pacific Coast.

My mom drove us hours and hours through the roads of Costa Rica, and over the "Mountain of Death." I will just say the drive itself is quite an experience. Finally after dark we arrived in Dominical with its dirt roads and all. We woke up on Christmas and it was the greatest feeling to see the sun, the sand and the waves! It was amazing. For the next two weeks we lounged in the sand, played in the waves, took tours through the rainforest, road horses to waterfalls, ate lots of really fresh fruit and fish, and reeelaxed! It was so fun to be in a place so different than anything I had ever seen. The atmosphere was incredibly relaxed and our only communication with the outside world was a couple of hard to use telephone booths and an internet cafe. It was great. The people were wonderful and so welcoming. I can't wait to go back!

• Pros:Beautiful scenery, amazingly fresh food, friendly people, relaxed atmosphere
  • In a nutshell:so much more than surf and sand!
  • Last visit to Dominical: Dec 2004
  • Intro Written Mar 3, 2005

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Dominical

Have you been to Dominical?

Latest Activity in Dominical