"The Jewel of Japan" Kyoto by VolsUT
Kyoto Travel Guide: 1,915 reviews and 6,117 photos
Kyoto is the old imperial capital of Japan. It is a world heritage site with Castles, Temples and Gardens that came at you from all directions the moment you arrive. Kyoto is an amazing city a place where the visitor can see Japan as it used to be it is impossible not to fall in love with the city. Kyoto has many historical sites that have always been there ie. they have not been destroyed by war. Kyoto was one of few Japanise cities not destroyed in WWII so many old places were not touched.
Kyoto is just amazing it is a place to escape the normal hussle of most of Japan. The uniqueness of the place can be see everywhere you don't have to search to find it.
This is a pic of me outside a temple the tallest Pagoda in japan is just to my left. The garden behind me is like so many in Kyoto prestine and diffacult to leave.
- Pros:One of the more authentic places in the world
On the east side of the river many resturants will only serve people who speak Japanise! It was kinda strange, to me it... more travel advice
Nijo Castle is really cool large area to see many biuldings a moat not a tall castle but never the less a really cool... more travel advice
VolsUT's Related Pages
Kyoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!"
- "Cultural Capital Kyoto"
- "WORLD OF ITS OWN (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka,Himeji & Kobe)"
- "KYOTO - THE HEART OF JAPAN"
- "Kyoto: A Family Trip Through a World Heritage City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyoto
- Hotels in Kyoto
- Transportation in Kyoto
- Nightlife in Kyoto
- Restaurants in Kyoto
- Shopping in Kyoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyoto
- 26 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyoto
Top 10 Pages
- Vientiane Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos
- Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 29 reviews, 15 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos
- Colonia del Sacramento Intro, 24 reviews, 20 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Grand Bahama Island Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.