"Gatlinburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg by VolsUT
Gatlinburg Travel Guide: 395 reviews and 685 photos
The only good time to visit Gatlinburg is in the winter when the least amount of tourists are there.
The remainder of the year it is filled with tourists, to many to even move through the town. Only then is it possible to visit without being hasseled or being forced to view rednecks in all the unique glory which they obtain.
The Smokies are truly amazing and are worth fighting through Gatlinburg traffic and people just to see the "real mountains". You will have a great chance to see Black Bears, Deer, and Elk on the N.C. side.
Gatlinburg is a redneck heaven and nothing more. If you are going to the Smokies try to avoid it as much as possible.
- Pros:Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains
- Cons:everything else
- In a nutshell:its awful
This is most likely the worst ski resort in the world. It is at a low elevation, recives little snow, is very small and... more travel advice
The village has several unique shops the best being The Cheese Cupboard, Doughnut Friar, Jelly Jar, Christmas stores,... more travel advice
- See All Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- See All Tee Shirts
- Good and redneck sports to be had.
VolsUT's Related Pages
Gatlinburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gatlinburg: Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains"
- "Favorite Vacation Destination"
- "Eva's Gatlinburg Page"
- "Smoky Mountains"
- "Action packed & adventurous town in the Southeast"
- "BurrGump's Great Smoky Mountain Vacation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gatlinburg
- Hotels in Gatlinburg
- Transportation in Gatlinburg
- Nightlife in Gatlinburg
- Restaurants in Gatlinburg
- Shopping in Gatlinburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Gatlinburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gatlinburg
- 29 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Gatlinburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gatlinburg
Top 10 Pages
- Vientiane Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos
- Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 29 reviews, 15 photos
- Colonia del Sacramento Intro, 24 reviews, 20 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Grand Bahama Island Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.