"A trip back in time" Cusco by VolsUT
Cusco Travel Guide: 1,092 reviews and 2,381 photos
When you enter Cuzco you will feel transported 400 years into the past. The only moden convinences are cars and electricity (well that's almost the truth a few other things). Anyway Cuzco is a very unique place and is in my oponion one of the most unique places on earth. It was once the capital of the Inca Empire until Pizzaro's army defeated the Incas in Cuzco in 1532. The city still retains much of the pre spanish archicture however quite a bit of it was demolished when they took over.
The Market is one of the neatest things I have ever seen. The fruits and vegitables for sale there were like nothing I had ever seen before! The meat market was the most revolting thing I have ever smelled and so unsanitary I could not walk away out of amazement. There was also an area where cooked food was sold that was very strange but also diffacult to leave. I just wanted to stay there for hours and watch the things that went on in that market.
In Cuzco a large majority of the population live and dress just like the woman in this photo. The people in Preu add enormously to the atmosphere in the of the region being that their lives have canged so little over time.
- Pros:One of the most unique places on earth
- In a nutshell:One of the most unique places on earth
The Cusco Cathedral was built in 1550 in the Baroque Style, right on the foundations of the palace of Inca Wirachocha. A... more travel advice
When in the Peruvian Andes you have to try the Gui or as everyone else calls it Guinea pig. It is a bit diffacult to... more travel advice
VolsUT's Related Pages
Cusco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cusco and the Sacred Valley"
- "The center of the Empire"
- "The "special" shine in Cusco"
- "Cusco - "Navel of the Earth""
- "A window on Cuzco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cusco
- Hotels in Cusco
- Transportation in Cusco
- Nightlife in Cusco
- Restaurants in Cusco
- Shopping in Cusco
- Warnings and Dangers in Cusco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cusco
- 21 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cusco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cusco
Top 10 Pages
- Vientiane Intro, 20 reviews, 49 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos
- Parque Nacional do Iguaçu Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos
- Cusco Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 14 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 29 reviews, 15 photos
- Colonia del Sacramento Intro, 24 reviews, 20 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Grand Bahama Island Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.