"Iguassu Falls!" Parque Nacional do Iguašu by VolsUT

Parque Nacional do Iguašu Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 695 photos

The Garden of Eden

The Iguassu Falls area is a great place to visit. The falls themselves offer quite a bit to see and is you have more then aa day there is more in the area including the Itipu Dam, a bird sanctuary and if you are brave enough you can go to Paraguy. I was there in january so it was in the 90'sF or 30'sC which did make it a bit miserable but not entirely unbarable. The Brazillian side offers great views both below and above the falls, it also gives you the closest approach to the falls.
A big event for me was getting from BA to Iguassu. TAM Airlines is one of the main airlines that services Iguassu Falls but to not use them. My flight from Buenos Aires was suppost to leave at 8:00 AM but when I arrived at the airport at 6:50 AM the TAM agent informed me that they had neglected to inform me that the flight was now at 7:00AM! Instead of working with me to get me there or refunding me my money they simply told me I would have to find another carrier if I wanted to go that day! Luckly Aerolineas Argentinas saved the day with a flight to the Argentine side of the falls where I took a cab to my hotel on the Brazillian side.

Me Close up to the falls

It was very diffacult to force people out of my way to get a picture! Iguassu falls and Japan are the only places I have been that all of the Americans seemed to be assholes can anyone explain why that is?

• Pros:Georgeous Waterfall
  • Cons:near Paraguy (just kidding)
  • In a nutshell:A place well worth a visit.
  • Last visit to Parque Nacional do Iguašu: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

VolsUT

“You only live once see all you can”

Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional do Iguašu

Have you been to Parque Nacional do Iguašu?

Latest Activity in Parque Nacional do Iguašu