Beijing Shi Favorite Tips by beaverk Top 5 Page for this destination
Beijing Shi Favorites: 24 reviews and 57 photos
Favorite thing: There is food everywhere in this city. Afterall, the Middle Kingdom is known for its cuisine. The key question travelers always asked is, “Is it safe?” “Is it clean?” With e coli scare frequent even in countries like USA, what about food here?
Well, in a big city like Beijing, one needs to have common sense. If one is going into a tiny local joint, it might not be a good idea to ask for ice with one’s soda. As what kind of water is used to make that ice? Who knows!
If one is to eat sushi, it is best to try for a more authentic Japanese restaurant. Local fares, as long as it is fully cooked, it is up to one’s preference to try for the exotic such as silk worm cocoon or lamp spinal cord hot pot.
Because of the water, the first few days one arrives here, one is either pre-deposited to either have some tummy trouble (diarrhea or in the case, constipation.) But this is to be expected. The local drug stores do sell effective herbal tea that can help gently as laxative.
More Reviews (40)
- See All Is it a Disneyland ride or a set 4 Eyes...
- See All Airport Taxi nightmare!
- See All Another fine Korean BBQ
beaverk's Related Pages
Beijing Shi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's time to explore my city!"
- "The Middle Kingdom"
- "Beijing - Where Everything is Huge and Grand"
- "Old World New Adventure"
- "Beijing a city of wonders"
- "Touring Beijing & Shanghai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beijing Shi
- Hotels in Beijing Shi
- Transportation in Beijing Shi
- Nightlife in Beijing Shi
- Restaurants in Beijing Shi
- Shopping in Beijing Shi
- Warnings and Dangers in Beijing Shi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beijing Shi
- 42 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 37 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Beijing Shi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beijing Shi
- updated a Beijing Shi Travel Page "Old World New Adventure"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Is it a Disneyland ride or a set 4 Eyes Wide Shut"
- Wrote a Review Is it a Disneyland ride or a set 4 Eyes Wide Shut in Beijing Shi Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "RE: Prices in Beijing"
- Commented on one of Joy1912's Beijing Shi travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beijing Shi Intro, 41 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sanya Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos
- Xining Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Xiamen Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Huangyao Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Lijiang Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Taipei 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Beijing Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 1 review, 3 photos