"Oviedo" Oviedo by gmg61
Oviedo Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 358 photos
It's a nice and colourful city, capital of the Asturias, with a beautiful cathedral and a refurbished old part of the town where it is nice to walk and discover hidden corners.
The old part of Oviedo has remained practically the same since Middle Age, when the cathedral was the crucial centr of the city and the main attraction for the pilgrims going along the Saint James Way (Camino de Santiago)
In a square called El Fontán, every Thursday, there is a marketplace for the selling of Oviedo market garden products, flowers and clothes.
The impressive cathedral was built over the ruins of a church dated around 700 AD.
The gothic style building was erected in the XIV century
gmg61's Related Pages
Oviedo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oviedo/Uvieu, Asturias"
- "Oviedo, Asturias"
- "Oviedo, the old and noble city"
- "Bonio goes to Oviedo"
- "Oviedo: the misty city"
- "OVIEDO: European Capital of Culture 2016"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oviedo
- Hotels in Oviedo
- Transportation in Oviedo
- Nightlife in Oviedo
- Restaurants in Oviedo
- Shopping in Oviedo
- Warnings and Dangers in Oviedo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oviedo
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Oviedo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oviedo
Top 10 Pages
- Trieste Intro, 11 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ravello Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scuol Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Split Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietri sul Mare 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue