"Muggia" Mùggia by gmg61
Mùggia Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 34 photos
Muggia is a small town located between Trieste and the Italian- Slovenian border.
For its history Muggia has to be considered as a part of Istria, having been for century under the Venetian rule. The architecture of the place is therefore completely different from the surrounding towns, including Trieste, and much more similar to other coastal Istrian towns now in Slovenia and Croatia.
But not only the architecture reminds you of the Venetian past: the dialect, the gastronomy, the urbanistic structure with the narrow streets called "calli", the small and very sheltered port, called "mandracchio": all that is an heritage of Venice.
You can see it clearly in the main square of the town, that's exactly like a Venetian "campo".
gmg61's Related Pages
Mùggia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Muggia so close to Trieste but so different"
- "A pearl in Trieste's gulf"
- "Some call it Little Sister of Venice"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mùggia
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Mùggia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mùggia
Top 10 Pages
- Trieste Intro, 11 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ravello Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scuol Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Split Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietri sul Mare 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue