"The pearl of the Portofino rock" San Fruttuoso by gmg61
San Fruttuoso Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 51 photos
In a cove along the coast of the Portofino rock, you find the Abbey of San Fruttuoso, surrounded by a tiny fishermen's village.
The cove was a pirates shelter and then was acquired by the Dorias, who ruled the territory during the Middle Age.
The Abbey was built during the 10° century but during the years it underwent many changes: the façade we can still admire was made during the XIII century. As a consequence, in the same building various architectonical styles are mixed, from romanic to Baroque
You can visit (but you have to pay an extra fee if you want to take pictures inside the building) the church, a museum, and the graves of th Doria family
Ferry services to San Fruttuoso from Camogli, Portofino, Santa Margherita, Rapallo, Sestri Levante, Lavagna, Chiavari... more travel advice
gmg61's Related Pages
San Fruttuoso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To quote from the brochure -"
- "thanks to a concert..."
- "What a daily trip!!"
- "The pearl of the Portofino rock"
- "San Fruttuoso di Camogli"
- "Paradise except for F&B"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Fruttuoso
- Transportation in San Fruttuoso
- Nightlife in San Fruttuoso
- Restaurants in San Fruttuoso
- Warnings and Dangers in San Fruttuoso
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Fruttuoso
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to San Fruttuoso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Fruttuoso
Photos in San FruttuosoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Trieste Intro, 11 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ravello Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scuol Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Split Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietri sul Mare 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue