"Bread and views" En Nemlet by gmg61
En Nemlet Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Just few km away from Tozeur, between the Chott El Jerid and the Chott al Ghaesa and on the road to the mountain oasis, there is the small town of El Nemlet, where almost 3.500 persons live. Nothing special is there to be seen, it's just a small town along the main road.
One day at sunrise we where blocked there by police for an inspection and while the driver was dealing with the policemen I had time to stroll throught the streets.
Along the main road, just after the sunrise prayer, people (mostly students) were walking towards their schools.
From one side the town has its edge over a hill and looks down over the Chott al Ghaesa plain. From above I could see an oasis and some buildings, with the first sun rays of the day reflecting on them. The sky was clear and the view kind of majestic.
Some young people were walking in that direction, probably that building was the local school.
Continuing walking I went along the small, not paved roads of the town center. From some buildings you could hear animal verses, and some sleepy faces were coming out from doors and windows.
Then I followed a strong smell of bread and arrived to a bakery where freshly baked bread was on sale. What a nice breakfast, with fresh bread and some fruits!
Well, El Nemlet is not the place where you must go when you are in Tunisia, but if you're passing there at sunrise, after leaving Tozeur, take a short stop and observe the rela tunesian life without much tourist influx. And don't miss the view!
- In a nutshell:Not a "must" but if you're there at the right time enjoy the landscape
gmg61's Related Pages
En Nemlet Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in En Nemlet
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to En Nemlet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in En Nemlet
Photos in En NemletSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Trieste Intro, 11 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ravello Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scuol Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Split Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietri sul Mare 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue