"A climatic divide" Top 5 Page for this destination Atlas by gmg61
Atlas Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 120 photos
If you drive from Marrakesch to Ouarzazate you have to pass through the Atlas. The road is steep and narropw, with no protection at its edge, and sometimes you have absolutely the feeling of driving over the hell.
Some mountains are taller than 3.000 mt and the road climbs up to 2.000 or something like that. Coming from Marrakech, before the mountains the land is cultivated and fertile. But the ,ountains block all the rains and on the other sidestarts the Hammada, the desert stone.
Some berber villages are scattered along the way, usually located on a small hill, for better defense.
Some small rivers flow on both sides, and near the rivers you can see people warking, washing clothes or the new carpets,
In this wild land, some birds find their ideal habitat and take advantage of the human presence to make a more comfortabvle nest!
Once on the opther side, the road to Ouarzazate goes straight through the Hammada, but before arriving to Ouarzazate, the old village of Ait Ben Haddou is worth a visit.
gmg61's Related Pages
Atlas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Climbing Jebel Toubkal"
- "The beautiful Atlas Mountains"
- "The Atlas Region"
- "On the way to the Sahara"
- "A climatic divide"
- "The Sahara..."
- "The Great Atlas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atlas
- Hotels in Atlas
- Transportation in Atlas
- Restaurants in Atlas
- Shopping in Atlas
- Warnings and Dangers in Atlas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atlas
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Atlas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atlas
Top 10 Pages
- Trieste Intro, 11 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ravello Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scuol Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Split Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietri sul Mare 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue