"Tozeur" Gouvernorat de Tozeur by gmg61
Gouvernorat de Tozeur Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 676 photos
A tiny town of almost 33.000, surrounded by a huge palm oasis (palmeraie) of about 200.000 trees, with more than 200 water sources that provide enough water for the palms and for all the other agricultural activities. It's said to be the second biggest oasis in Tunesia.
It's a perfect starting point to explore the tunesan South, the two salt lakes (Chott el-Jerid and Chott el-Gharsa) and the cities of Nefta, Tamerza, Chebika, Mid?s)
Due to the presence of the oasis, Tozeur was inhabited since remote times, then became a roman colony uner the name of Thuzuros and reached his highes point at the times opf the camel caravans that brought golden, salt and other goods from inner Africa to the Atlantic ocean through the Sahara
Today it is a nice city, wth a remarkable old part (Ouled el-Hadef) a weird museum (Dar Charait)some bars and restaurants and various outdoor activities (i.e. horse riding, trekking)
This is an old part of the city, built in the 14° century to host the El-Hadef clan, that was at the time one of the... more travel advice
gmg61's Related Pages
Gouvernorat de Tozeur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Real Beauty of Tunisia"
- "tamerza (Tamaghzah)"
- "Chebika oasis"
- "Mountain Oasis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- Hotels in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- Transportation in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- Nightlife in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- Restaurants in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- Shopping in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- Warnings and Dangers in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
- 2 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gouvernorat de Tozeur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gouvernorat de Tozeur
Photos in Gouvernorat de TozeurSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Trieste Intro, 11 reviews, 63 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Ravello Intro, 7 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scuol Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Rome 12 reviews, 5 photos
- Split Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Vietri sul Mare 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue