"the younger, newer, Oktoberfest" Blumenau by peace_prevails
Blumenau Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
Well, then visit the riverside Hamlet of Blumenau (SC) for the fortnight of debauchery known as the second largest Oktoberfest in the world.
More german than brasilian, this little town was given the nod to host oktoberfest some 20-odd years ago, when Joinville, a little further north-east, turned down the invitation. The festival is now a huge moneymaker for the local economy and people come from all over Brasil to enjoy the free beer handed out every day downtown starting mid-afternoon. If you like things German and can put up with the crowds, it is an interesting experience. If not, avoid the place....
peace_prevails' Related Pages
Blumenau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blumenau, Downtown look like a Fairytale"
- "Blumenau, a piece of Germany in Brazil"
- "the younger, newer, Oktoberfest"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blumenau
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Blumenau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blumenau
Photos in BlumenauSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Brazil Intro, 28 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- São Francisco do Sul Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ouro Prêto Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Paulo Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Natal Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Estado do Ceará Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estado do Maranhão Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estado do Rio Grande do Sul Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.