"Steak and BBQ" Top 5 Page for this destination Abilene by Hopkid
Abilene Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 102 photos
Another work trip for Andy, this time to do some work at Dyess Air Force Base, home of the 7th Fighter Wing, and their fleet of B-1 bombers. The base is part of Air Combat Command, one of the major commands that make up the U.S. Air Force. Other bases in ACC typically have squadrons of aircraft that participate in actual combat, i.e., bombers and fighters. My job will sometimes involve a project with headquarters ACC, based at Langley AFB in Hampton, VA. Because there are 16 bases under ACC's command, I've been lucky enough to travel to parts of the country that I wouldn't normally get to. Abilene is one of those places.
Abilene is located in west central Texas and isn't really close to anything being about 180 miles west of Dallas. The city has a rich history which involves cattle, oil, railroads, and cowboys. It currently is a bit down economically and is known as the home of three universities, Hardin-Simmons, Abilene Christian, and McMurry.
The Towne Crier has a medieval theme to it but the food is good quality and plentiful. You go through a cafeteria-style... more travel advice
Great steaks, great decor, and friendly waitstaff make Sharon Allen's restaurant a great experience. Like Joe Allen's it... more travel advice
Hopkid's Related Pages
Abilene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Abilene Page"
- ""Prettiest Town That I've Ever Seen"?"
- "Steak and BBQ"
- "Little Town in the West"
- "yo abilene is be waaaay crazy"
- "jbrad's new Abilene page"
- "Txbossman's new Abilene Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abilene
- Hotels in Abilene
- Transportation in Abilene
- Nightlife in Abilene
- Restaurants in Abilene
- Shopping in Abilene
- Warnings and Dangers in Abilene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abilene
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Abilene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abilene
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 53 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 47 reviews, 157 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Boston Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Memphis Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panajachel Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos