"Stockyards and Cannon AFB (for now)" Top 5 Page for this destination Clovis by Hopkid
Clovis Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 34 photos
Clovis is in east central New Mexico well south of I-40 about 3 hours west of Lubbock, Texas. To get there you can either fly into Lubbock or Albuquerque. The drive from ABQ is a bit longer at 3.5 hours. Clovis isn't much although it has a small zoo and a local community that is mainly supported by Cannon Air Force Base (which as of this writing is on the preliminary list for closure under the Department of Defense's Base Realignment and Closure Act. I've been to Cannon twice during my work with Headquarters Air Combat Command and I can say that there isn't a whole lot to do there but I'll add some tips here to direct you to a couple of restaurants, a decent hotel, and some sites of interest that I was able to dig up during my stays.
- Pros:Umm...I'm thinking!
- Cons:Just not a very exciting place
- In a nutshell:Not a bad place but not exactly a tourist destination either
Visit the musuem to get more details on Billy the Kid's showdown with Sheriff Pat Garrett and about the Old Fort itself... more travel advice
A bit tough to find on the southwest side of town, Guadalajara is a family-owned restaurant that's been around for a... more travel advice
Hopkid's Related Pages
Clovis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stockyards and Cannon AFB (for now)"
- "clovis. legendary music. and cows."
- "Basaic Clovis Page"
- "Clovis, New Mexico"
- "Clovis and an old Buddy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clovis
- Hotels in Clovis
- Nightlife in Clovis
- Restaurants in Clovis
- Warnings and Dangers in Clovis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clovis
- 7 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Clovis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clovis
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 53 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 47 reviews, 157 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Boston Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Memphis Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panajachel Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos