"Art Community in Southern Maine" Top 5 Page for this destination Ogunquit by Hopkid
Ogunquit Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 155 photos
A couple of towns into Maine as you travel north from New Hampshire one will find Ogunquit, a charming town with the main downtown proper just off the large main beach and the more sedate marina area called Perkins Cove. The town has been a haven for artists for over 100 years as is still evident by the many galleries throughout town. Linking the two areas of town is a scenic walkway along the coast called the Marginal Way. It is an easy, paved, and mostly flat walk of about a mile (maybe a bit more) and provides great views of the rocky shoreline and the large main beach. There is also a trolley that can take you between the two areas for a small fee ($0.35 I believe). Lots of galleries, restaurants, and shops and nice scenery as well. A good spot to stop and get that Maine experience!
- Pros:Small, no chains, lots of interesting art galleries
- Cons:Crowded in summer
- In a nutshell:Quaint, New England Village
The Ogunquit Trolley Company runs several Molley Trolleys through the main streets of Ogunquit, shuttling visitors from... more travel advice
The Marginal Way is a flat, paved walkway along the rocky Maine coast that links the Perkins Cove area to downtown... more travel advice
Hopkid's Related Pages
Ogunquit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Beautiful Place by the Sea"
- "RhondaRuth's Ogunquit Page"
- "Beautiful place by the sea"
- "Art Community in Southern Maine"
- "Ogunquit area weekend"
- "Kay_C's new Ogunquit Page"
- "Ogunquit , ME...a small quaint town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ogunquit
- Hotels in Ogunquit
- Transportation in Ogunquit
- Nightlife in Ogunquit
- Restaurants in Ogunquit
- Shopping in Ogunquit
- Warnings and Dangers in Ogunquit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ogunquit
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ogunquit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ogunquit
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 53 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 47 reviews, 157 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Boston Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Memphis Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panajachel Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos