"On the Shores of Lake Peten Itza" Santa Elena by Hopkid
Santa Elena Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 8 photos
The group we were traveling with chose to stay in Santa Elena because it has the only thing close to a modern hotel in the area. While there are many lodging options here and in nearby Flores, they are small and can be difficult to communicate with from abroad. Seeing as we needed to have firm reserved rooms for our party of 26 it was a good idea to get rooms at the Hotel Esplendido to ensure we'd be set once we arrived.
We didn't spend much time in Santa Elena other than to sleep and eat a couple of meals at the hotel and to take a walk one evening into Flores which frankly had a lot more charm than Santa Elena. While the accomodations at the Hotel Esplendido were fine, if we ever return to the area we'll likely look into something in Flores that will likely be cheaper and a bit more charming.
- Pros:Central to sights in Peten; modern hotel
- Cons:It's not as charming as its neighbor, Flores
The restaurant is covered but open-air so you will feel the humidity that is prevalent in the region. We had breakfast... more travel advice
Hopkid's Related Pages
Santa Elena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Shores of Lake Peten Itza"
- "Santa Elena"
- "NEIGHBOURING TOWN TO FLORES"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santa Elena
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Santa Elena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Elena
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 53 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 47 reviews, 157 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Honolulu Intro, 52 reviews, 97 photos
- Boston Intro, 30 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 40 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 24 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Memphis Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos
- Venice Intro, 29 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Panajachel Intro, 21 reviews, 45 photos