"The Travel Bug" ReetSLP's Profile
I've never been part of a chat room/forum before, so I'm not quite sure how this goes. I can't promise anything spectacular on my page. In fact I can pretty much promise nothing spectacular since my only access to a computer is at work. Sorry!
I absolutely love to travel to new places (whether 10 miles away or 3000 miles away.) I haven't done a ton of traveling outside the US and I'm still working on even getting west of the Mississippi, but I'm heading to Ireland at the end of May and I cannot even explain how wonderful that makes me feel! I saw some of the messages about Ireland travel and figured I could ask a few of my own.
***Ireland was awesome, by the way!
Well, if we ever get around to finally booking, I'll be heading to Italy in only 4 months! I'm a little nervous because it will be my first time traveling to a non-English speaking country (I'm not counting Mexico, becasue everyone we encountered spoke English in Mexico.) I really hope things go well!
***Well, Italy has had to be postponed until next year due to some unavoidable work problems. Instead, it looks like I'll be going to Montana this summer. That should be great too. I'll finally make it further across the Mississippi!
Montana was fabulous! We stayed on Flathead Lake near Bigfork. So clear, so beautiful, so cold! Friday we spent the day at Glacier National Park. I have never seen the Rockies before and was not disappointed. The Going to the Sun Road had breathtaking views. Glacier had gotten multiple feet of snow only 3 weeks before, so their was a lot of snow and a lot of melting snow (Waterfalls!) I wish I could figure out how to upload multiple photos so I could share them. Friday night we watched a fireworks show on the lake. Saturday we went horseback riding and then had a burger and a huckleberry shake at Burgertown--yummy! Spent the day floating on tubes in the lake off the dock, then went to dinner at Many Springs restuarant. On Sunday I won multiple games of cornhole (a first, trust me!!) before we went over to Kalispell and had pizza at Moose's. Monday it was time to head home. I definitely want to go back someday!
Wow! Only 3 months to go (91 days exactly from when I'm writing this!) I'm so excited! I can't say I'm looking forward to being able to put actual information about my trip in here, because that will mean the trip is over. =)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Commented on 8thWonderFijiTrip's profile page
- ReetSLP and mauritrouve are now friends.
- Posted in Travel New Orleans Forum "Re: Tour suggestions"
- Wrote a Review Fabulous Food in Florence in Italy Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fabulous Food in Florence"
- updated a Italy Travel Page "Italy"
updated their Profile Page "The Travel Bug"
- Italy Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos
- Ireland Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bigfork Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Saint Marys Intro, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos