"The Travel Bug" ReetSLP's Profile

The Newbie (2005)

I've never been part of a chat room/forum before, so I'm not quite sure how this goes. I can't promise anything spectacular on my page. In fact I can pretty much promise nothing spectacular since my only access to a computer is at work. Sorry!
I absolutely love to travel to new places (whether 10 miles away or 3000 miles away.) I haven't done a ton of traveling outside the US and I'm still working on even getting west of the Mississippi, but I'm heading to Ireland at the end of May and I cannot even explain how wonderful that makes me feel! I saw some of the messages about Ireland travel and figured I could ask a few of my own.
***Ireland was awesome, by the way!

Italy Time! (2008)

Well, if we ever get around to finally booking, I'll be heading to Italy in only 4 months! I'm a little nervous because it will be my first time traveling to a non-English speaking country (I'm not counting Mexico, becasue everyone we encountered spoke English in Mexico.) I really hope things go well!
***Well, Italy has had to be postponed until next year due to some unavoidable work problems. Instead, it looks like I'll be going to Montana this summer. That should be great too. I'll finally make it further across the Mississippi!

Montana (July 3-7, 2008)

Montana was fabulous! We stayed on Flathead Lake near Bigfork. So clear, so beautiful, so cold! Friday we spent the day at Glacier National Park. I have never seen the Rockies before and was not disappointed. The Going to the Sun Road had breathtaking views. Glacier had gotten multiple feet of snow only 3 weeks before, so their was a lot of snow and a lot of melting snow (Waterfalls!) I wish I could figure out how to upload multiple photos so I could share them. Friday night we watched a fireworks show on the lake. Saturday we went horseback riding and then had a burger and a huckleberry shake at Burgertown--yummy! Spent the day floating on tubes in the lake off the dock, then went to dinner at Many Springs restuarant. On Sunday I won multiple games of cornhole (a first, trust me!!) before we went over to Kalispell and had pizza at Moose's. Monday it was time to head home. I definitely want to go back someday!

Italy (for real this time!)

Wow! Only 3 months to go (91 days exactly from when I'm writing this!) I'm so excited! I can't say I'm looking forward to being able to put actual information about my trip in here, because that will mean the trip is over. =)

• Intro Updated Jan 12, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ReetSLP's Profile Photo

ReetSLP

“50 states & as many countries as possible!”

Ranked Member