"Jordan" Jordan by RblWthACoz
Jordan Travel Guide: 4,276 reviews and 11,239 photos
Even though Jordan has a much higher push for tourism than any other country in the Middle East than I can recall, it is also one of the least exciting as far as I am concerned. There just isn't much to do of substance beyond Petra, The Dead Sea, and Jerash. At one point in my trip I started to ask myself: "Have I become the Spoiled American?!" Thankfully though, I was rescued from having to inact any self reproach by many others who felt the same way I did. A lot of people in Lebanon and some in Syria told me they would never visit Jordan, ever. And people who visited and some who had not told me they thought or heard it was a pretty boring country to visit.
- Pros:Petra. Some stunning wildlife in places. The Dead Sea.
- Cons:Very little good shopping. Corrupt police. Too many people trying to get your tourist dollars.
- In a nutshell:Best to just see Petra, Jerash, The Dead Sea and then depart.
If you are in Jordan, you should go see the Dead Sea at all costs. Be sure to bring a swim suit and be sure to get in.... more travel advice
RblWthACoz's Related Pages
Jordan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discover Jordan"
- "A country full of history and fantastic places"
- "It was Fun!"
- "Adventures in Jordan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jordan
- Hotels in Jordan
- Transportation in Jordan
- Nightlife in Jordan
- Restaurants in Jordan
- Shopping in Jordan
- Warnings and Dangers in Jordan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jordan
- 60 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Jordan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jordan
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Oahu Intro, 65 reviews, 14 photos
- Syria Intro, 42 reviews, 16 photos
- Beirut Intro, 37 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 25 reviews, 11 photos
- United States of America Intro, 29 reviews, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 7 photos
- Tripoli Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos