San Jose Nightlife Tips by RblWthACoz

San Jose Nightlife: 20 reviews and 16 photos

Dive Bar: Hmmm...do you want to live up to your name?

I came here about 45 minutes before closing time and it was dead. There were 6 people in the back, and some 40 year old DJ dressed like he was going to sit in a lawn chair outside of his RV. The bartender started giving us the pouty/whiny face when she wanted us to go (be mature and cool you moronic chick) and for a place that has the name Dive Bar...it is far from that. Maybe on other nights when there are more people there it might be nicer. But for some reason I didn't really feel it here, and if I had a choice, I would never go back.

Address: 78 East Santa Clara

Directions: downtown San Jose

Phone: 408-205-9444

Theme: Nightclub

Website: http://www.sjdivebar.com

• Updated Jul 26, 2006
Tres Amigos: Frat boys unite!!!

Oh my. I knew I wasn't going to dig this place when I noticed that all the guys outside had virtually the same style shirts and hats on. It's a complete fraternity hangout with a bunch of people who are just concerned with getting blasted out of their minds and continuing to not care about what happens tomorrow and only focus on the present. Definitely not my scene. I prefer a place with a more laid back and realisitic edge, or a place where people can actually have a conversation that might possibly stretch the level of their intelligence, or a place with a lot more style and grace.

Address: 83 South 2nd Street

Directions: downtown San Jose

Phone: 408-278-9888

Theme: Nightclub

• Written Jul 26, 2006
Paragon: Style in the midst of the dump...I mean San Jose

I only had some appetizers at the bar as I consumed drink after drink, but all 3 were good. As was the blueberry infused vodka...I love anything blueberry, so I am biased. The design of the place is really well done. Stylish and smooth...that modern edge. It's the type of place you go if you want to be somewhere swanky, yet good...and with pushing towards 100 kinds of vodka.

Dress Code: I'd say dress nicer for this place.

Address: 211 South First Street

Phone: 408-282-8888

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Written Jul 3, 2006

RblWthACoz Visits Here Frequently!

RblWthACoz

“Better to worry about living good than looking good.”

Badges & Stats in San Jose

Have you been to San Jose?

Friends