"Formerly the largest man-made lake in the world." Kariba by RblWthACoz
Kariba Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 17 photos
In the late 1950's, the Kariba Dam was constructed and what followed was what would be the largest man-made lake for decades. It wasn't until the Chinese launched their massive Three Gorges Damn project that it lost it's title.
For 3 days I cruised Lake Kariba the best possible way - on a houseboat. It was a trip definitely worth taking that was filled with several valuable memories.
- Pros:Wildlife. Weather. Seclusion.
- Cons:Trees in the water.
- In a nutshell:A place to cruise and relax.
There is a fair amount of game to be seen on the shores of Lake Kariba. I saw elephants, hippos, crocodiles, impala,... more travel advice
If you have a power boat, something fun to do at night is to search for crocodiles and hippos. Take your highpowered... more travel advice
RblWthACoz's Related Pages
Kariba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "House Boats and Elephants"
- "Formerly the largest man-made lake in the world."
- "Kariba - The One With The Dam"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kariba
- Hotels in Kariba
- Nightlife in Kariba
- Warnings and Dangers in Kariba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kariba
- 9 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kariba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kariba
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Oahu Intro, 65 reviews, 14 photos
- Syria Intro, 42 reviews, 16 photos
- Beirut Intro, 37 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 25 reviews, 11 photos
- United States of America Intro, 29 reviews, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 7 photos
- Tripoli Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos