"City of the Noria" Hamah by RblWthACoz
Hamah Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 421 photos
Noria. Well westerners would know them better as water wheels. The city is well known for them and they line the river along the city center as well as the outskirts of the city. In total there are dozens, but you don't need to go far to see one.
Beyond whatever sights there are to see, being in Hama was one of the highlights of my trip. The vibe of the city is easy going and laid back. Upon arriving into the city, I saw people celebrating the night's victory in football over the city of Aleppo (an upset apparently). People were shooting fireworks off the backs of their trucks and waving flags for the team from Hama. It's a great city to be in regardless of what's going on.
- Pros:Laid back and easy going energy. Pleasant people. The Noria.
- Cons:Hmmmm. Good question.
- In a nutshell:My favorite city in Syria.
If you need to find an ATM, this is the only one I found in my short stay here. It is very close to the clocktower. more travel advice
RblWthACoz's Related Pages
Hamah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hama - Epiphania - Hamath"
- "sing that old song to me"
- "Hamah - a small town on the Orontes River"
- "I Fell Sick in Lovely Hamah..."
- "Landmark of Hama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamah
- Hotels in Hamah
- Transportation in Hamah
- Nightlife in Hamah
- Restaurants in Hamah
- Shopping in Hamah
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamah
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hamah
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Hamah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamah
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Oahu Intro, 65 reviews, 14 photos
- Syria Intro, 42 reviews, 16 photos
- Beirut Intro, 37 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 25 reviews, 11 photos
- United States of America Intro, 29 reviews, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 7 photos
- Tripoli Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos