Ma`lula Things to Do Tips by RblWthACoz Top 5 Page for this destination
Ma`lula Things to Do: 35 reviews and 96 photos
The place of burial for Saint Takla
Saint Takla was supposedly a pupil of Saint Paul who was fleeing her own father and his persecution of her conversion to Christianity. She came to this area and settled here, hence the church that was named after her.
A Road through Ma'lula.
If you are coming or going from the Convent of Saint Serge and Saint Bacchus or the Convent of Saint Takla you can take the path to one or the other through this way. From the Convent of Saint Takla, just walk behind the building and take the path to the end. Then walk up the hill to the next convent. If you are going in the opposite direction...just go down the hill and down the path of course. :-)
Be sure to stop and take a look at the caves lining the route that were used a very long time ago by the regions earliest inhabitants and Saint Takla and are used now as people's waste baskets apparently.
On the top of the mountain sits this convent and orthodox church. This region is most famous because people here still speak Aramaic, which is the language that Jesus Christ spoke 2,000 years ago. One of the women there said the entire Lord's Prayer for me in Aramaic. Beyond that, the relics and artifacts inside of the church are worth seeing and hearing about. Many of them are very old and have an interesting history behind them.
RblWthACoz's Related Pages
Ma`lula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "paint me blue"
- "A Tiny and Different Town in Syria"
- "Our father in Armenic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ma`lula
- Hotels in Ma`lula
- Transportation in Ma`lula
- Restaurants in Ma`lula
- Shopping in Ma`lula
- Warnings and Dangers in Ma`lula
- See All...
Explore the World
- Puerto Princesa City Hotels
- Mughal Sarai Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
- Las Vegas
- Madrid Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ma`lula
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ma`lula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ma`lula
Photos in Ma`lulaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Oahu Intro, 65 reviews, 14 photos
- Syria Intro, 42 reviews, 16 photos
- Beirut Intro, 37 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 25 reviews, 11 photos
- United States of America Intro, 29 reviews, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 7 photos
- Tripoli Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos