"Beyrouth" Beirut by RblWthACoz
Beirut Travel Guide: 924 reviews and 1,814 photos
Before the civil war, Beirut was considered the Paris of the Middle East. Nowadays, people are more hungry than ever to reclaim that title and to get back to that way of living. The restaurants here are very good and serve a wide variety of fare from French to sushi to Lebanese. With a beautifully rebuilt downtown area, as well as some of the other surrounding spots, there are definitely things to check out, though as far as sightseeing goes, there is not a whole lot.
...I am going to have an anti-stupid protest. It's always interesting to see your hotel on CNN as they talk about the fighting in Beirut. It's too bad things have gone so downhill, but I am very glad I went to see it all when I did. Hopefully one day when things are calmer, and they fix the runways at the airport, we will all be able to go back and see Beirut. Even with everything going on, I'd still go back and visit. Especially to just eat at all the restaurants!
- Pros:Restaurants, clubs, and bars!
- Cons:Traffic! Confusing to get around and find specific places at times.
- In a nutshell:Worth visiting for the restaurants and night life alone.
Seeing as how Beirut is the capitol, of course the National Museum is here. The displays are pretty good with a wide... more travel advice
Standing high over the downtown area, the Holiday Inn stands still as a symbol of the civil war that rocked Lebanon. It... more travel advice
- See All Trilingual
- See All Oh boy!! The invasion has made its way...
- See All More copyright infringment!
- See All Place d'Etoile closures
RblWthACoz's Related Pages
Beirut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beirut - بيروت"
- "Home sweet home :-)"
- "**********MY HOME**********"
- "Beyrouth - the capital of Lebanon"
- "Beirut -a phoenix risen from the ashes"
- "BEIRUT - Independent - Free and - United"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beirut
- Hotels in Beirut
- Transportation in Beirut
- Nightlife in Beirut
- Restaurants in Beirut
- Shopping in Beirut
- Warnings and Dangers in Beirut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beirut
- 37 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Beirut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beirut
Photos in BeirutSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 71 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Petra Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Oahu Intro, 65 reviews, 14 photos
- Syria Intro, 42 reviews, 16 photos
- Beirut Intro, 37 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 31 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Damascus Intro, 25 reviews, 11 photos
- United States of America Intro, 29 reviews, 1 photo
- Pittsburgh Intro, 22 reviews, 7 photos
- Tripoli Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos