"Transylvania's jewel" Cluj-Napoca by Nikolay_Ivanov
Cluj-Napoca Travel Guide: 264 reviews and 756 photos
Cluj's population is about 350 000. In fact there are living 45 000 stuents of "Babes-Bolyai" University and some other institutions. The buildings show that this place is intended to be " a small Vienna". You can see many churches , the older of which is the gothic cathedral "St. Michael" ( I know two dates when it was finished- 1487 and 1528, I suppose the latter is right). The river, flawing in the city, is small and unimportant.
The city was in Austro-Hungarian empire until 20. century and its architecture style have many similarities with Vienna's buildings.
- Pros:Oh, what a lovely place!!!! You must see it!
- Cons:Stray dogs
I don't know what is it, but what a marvellous place!!! more travel advice
Nikolay_Ivanov's Related Pages
Cluj-Napoca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cluj-Napoca, a city full history"
- "Cluj-Napoca - Transylvania's cultural centre"
- "MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH LEI"
- "Cluj, the old Roman Napoca."
- "Cluj Napoca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cluj-Napoca
- Hotels in Cluj-Napoca
- Transportation in Cluj-Napoca
- Nightlife in Cluj-Napoca
- Restaurants in Cluj-Napoca
- Shopping in Cluj-Napoca
- Warnings and Dangers in Cluj-Napoca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cluj-Napoca
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Cluj-Napoca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cluj-Napoca
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazanluk Intro, 26 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ruse Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Potsdam Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Kaunas Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Wroclaw Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Cluj-Napoca Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Limassol Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos