"Carolina Blue" Chapel Hill by poznamky
Chapel Hill Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 18 photos
Chapel Hill is a great place in terms of college/ gradutate student life as you will quickly realize if you take an evening walk on the central Franklin Street, which is studded with bars, pubs, coffee shops and restaurants. One would describe it as a college town, since most of the life there revolves around the famous University of North Carolina. Chapel Hill is very close to Durham, where one can also visit UNC's richer and more internationally celebrated Duke University. Both UNC and Duke make much of basketball and are involved in a heated sports rivalry. In terms of food, Chapel Hill offers two things you should not miss: excellent cookies and delicious barbecue.
I personally could not bear the combination of heat and humidity in summer time. That is why I have uploaded a winter picture as I had the chance to experience one of the harshest winters by local standards. A very beautiful one too. The picture was taken by an acquaintance of mine - Alejandro and he deserves all the credit for it.
People in North Carolina still believe in the virtues of the Southern hospitality and The Southern Gentleman. From Chapel Hill It takes just a couple of hours to drive to the Atlantic coast. I had the opportunity to spend some time on the wide sand beaches close to Willmington, NC, which is also worth visiting.
- Pros:laid-back lifestyle, great food, mild climate
- Cons:almost no sidewalks, not much attaractions if you are not a college student
- In a nutshell:Believe it or not, but of all the States, the Triangle area containing Chapel Hill and Durham is the place with the highest number of PhDs per capita. So chances are that the person sitting next to you on the bar may be one
poznamky's Related Pages
Chapel Hill Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chapel Thrill, North Carolina"
- "Chapel thrill"
- "Carolina Blue"
- "Chapel Hill"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chapel Hill
- Transportation in Chapel Hill
- Nightlife in Chapel Hill
- Restaurants in Chapel Hill
- Warnings and Dangers in Chapel Hill
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chapel Hill
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chapel Hill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chapel Hill
Top 5 Pages
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tirana Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Lukavac Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Rome 1 review, 1 photo