"Beautiful town on the water" Charlevoix by johnkebab
Charlevoix Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 32 photos
I ended up in Charlevoix on my little drive around Northern Michigan, as its name suggests, there is quite a bit of French influence in the area, its main street is mostly clothes shops and cafés, its situated on the waterfront and is very picturesque, with friendly locals.
One thing to try there is Murdicks fudge, I'm not normally a fudge person, but this stuff is truly great, very rich and very well made.
In the summer time Charlevoix is apparently inundated with tourists, so beware!!
Northern Michigan is known as Cherry country so there are various cherry harvests and cherry festivals etc etc, the infamous cherries also find their way into the local markets
Bang in the centre of the main street in Charlevoix is the opening bridge, which lets in various passenger vessels from the great lakes into its Marina type thing.
Sailing is part of the great lakes culture and Charlevoix hasn't escaped this, I wouldn't like trying to enter with the wind up me chuff though, doesn't look like it'd be a lot of fun.
johnkebab's Related Pages
Charlevoix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charlevoix, Michigan"
- "Beautiful town on the water"
- "Charming Charlevoix- Shopping, Golf and Dining"
- "Bustling Summer Town on Lake Michigan shore"
- "Charlevoix, MI"
- "Family Reunion"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Charlevoix
- Hotels in Charlevoix
- Nightlife in Charlevoix
- Restaurants in Charlevoix
- Shopping in Charlevoix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Charlevoix
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Charlevoix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Charlevoix
Photos in CharlevoixSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kourou Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paramaribo Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Oiapoque Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos