"My time in Port Harcourt (working!!)" Port Harcourt by johnkebab

Port Harcourt Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 40 photos

I was in Port Harcourt 3 times in quick succession in 2004, I was sent to install a satellite system on a barge there, so I didn't get to see lots of the town, generally I spent time inside a compound or just outside.

So I can't really speak with experience of the place, but needless to say, although parts of Nigeria may be very pretty, around where the oil companies are, its not really that nice, due to the pollution that they apparently don't make and the crap in the river that they apparently don't put there.

Me work

So here's a picture of the radome that I was in charge of making, I had about 6 guys working for me, it was an interesting experience, you find out the power of religion in Nigeria when the workers are humming and singing hymns rather than anything thats on the radio.

The chappy in the picture is putting the little 'skull cap' on the top of the radome to stop the rain getting in. Building the dome and putting it in place takes anywhere between 3 days and a week depending on how hard you work.

• Last visit to Port Harcourt: Nov 2004
  • Intro Written Apr 11, 2006

Comments

johnkebab

“Try everything once”

Badges & Stats in Port Harcourt

Have you been to Port Harcourt?

Friends