"My time in Port Harcourt (working!!)" Port Harcourt by johnkebab
Port Harcourt Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 40 photos
I was in Port Harcourt 3 times in quick succession in 2004, I was sent to install a satellite system on a barge there, so I didn't get to see lots of the town, generally I spent time inside a compound or just outside.
So I can't really speak with experience of the place, but needless to say, although parts of Nigeria may be very pretty, around where the oil companies are, its not really that nice, due to the pollution that they apparently don't make and the crap in the river that they apparently don't put there.
So here's a picture of the radome that I was in charge of making, I had about 6 guys working for me, it was an interesting experience, you find out the power of religion in Nigeria when the workers are humming and singing hymns rather than anything thats on the radio.
The chappy in the picture is putting the little 'skull cap' on the top of the radome to stop the rain getting in. Building the dome and putting it in place takes anywhere between 3 days and a week depending on how hard you work.
johnkebab's Related Pages
Port Harcourt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portharcourt the Garden City of Nigeria"
- "Port Harcourt Buisness Travel"
- "Ancient Landmarks"
- "My time in Port Harcourt (working!!)"
- "Port Harcourt (Garden City), Rivers State"
- "sonny advance links technology in port harcourt"
- "Nigerias big oil town"
- See All...
- Hotels in Port Harcourt
- Restaurants in Port Harcourt
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Harcourt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Harcourt
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Port Harcourt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Harcourt
Photos in Port HarcourtSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kourou Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paramaribo Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Oiapoque Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos