"Capital full of surprises." Douala by johnkebab
Douala Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 32 photos
There are several outstanding things I remember about Douala, the Colonial style buildings, left over from British rule, some in various states of disrepair, some looking glorious.
The market vendors walking around with a sample of what they were selling on their heads, kind of like a mobile market if you will, friendly people indeed.
But for me possibly the most outstanding thing was the international community that lived there if you just dug a little deeper. Italians, Lebanese, French, Brits, I had the best meal of my life in a Lebanese restaurant there, amazing food, great conversation and really really interesting people that had come together in Douala for work or too live, or some who came to work but stayed to live........
Depending on what kind of travelling you're doing, it's always good to know what to expect from a hotel you book. Le... more travel advice
johnkebab's Related Pages
Douala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cabana Boy's Douala Page"
- "Just a stop-over"
- "I spent her one month, and will remember for ever"
- "Capital full of surprises."
- "buzzy Douala port"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Douala
- Hotels in Douala
- Transportation in Douala
- Nightlife in Douala
- Restaurants in Douala
- Shopping in Douala
- Warnings and Dangers in Douala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Douala
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Douala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Douala
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kourou Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paramaribo Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Oiapoque Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos