"Mad coloured houses, lots of fun" Willemstad by johnkebab
Willemstad Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 251 photos
Curacao is an interesting island with an interesting history, it forms part of the Netherlands Antilles and is a mix of dutch attitude and caribbean flair.
The capital Willamstad is a colourful combination of colonial architecture and modern building, the buildings are quite literally painted all the colours of the rainbow.
At the mouth to the harbour of Willamstad is a really cool bridge - yes a cool bridge, made up of a series of 'pontoons' but look like a row of boats with a road going over them and a power boat at the end, the other end being connected to a swivel point on the harbour wall, when the time comes, the boat sticks its engine on and off he poodles till the bridge has been swung in place, its quite interesting to watch and I believe you can use the motor boat as a ferry to get to the other side if you time it right.
- Pros:Beautiful weather, sea, food, people
- Cons:Can't really think of any.
- In a nutshell:Its a beautiful Island
johnkebab's Related Pages
Willemstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vibrant Capital"
- "Canaval and a wedding"
- "Mad coloured houses, lots of fun"
- "Trolley Tour"
- "The lovely Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Willemstad
- Hotels in Willemstad
- Restaurants in Willemstad
- Shopping in Willemstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Willemstad
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Willemstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Willemstad
Photos in WillemstadSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kourou Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paramaribo Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Oiapoque Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos