"Paradise found" Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago by johnkebab

Tobago Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 152 photos

Keep it a secret.

We ended up in Tobago after doing the Carnival thing in Trinidad, I wasn't expecting a huge amount, but Tobago has now become a place that I will definitely be going back to, as opposed to a place that I just say ' that was nice' .
The people there are super-friendly, the crime rate is virtually non existant when compared to the crime rate of Trinidad, the food (always fresh sea food and some of the tenderest steak I've ever had) is fantastic, as is the diving and beaches, not to mention the oldest preserved rainforest reservation in the western hemisphere.
I really can't rant enough about how outstanding this little island is, but maybe I shouldn't ..... nahh your alright

• Last visit to Tobago: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2006

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 9:49 PM

I'm actually from Trinidad but moved to the States as a kid. Never even visited Tobago although it was closeby so thanks for enlightening me with great tips about this pretty island.

• ScubaCat's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Fantastic coverage of the Cove Cottages. You make me want to run away & get away from it all right now! Love the beautiful waterfall.

johnkebab