"TnT" Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad by johnkebab
Trinidad Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 97 photos
Trinidad and Tobago is located at the southern end of the Caribbean sea, near Venezuela and Suriname.
Trinidad is almost unique in the Caribbean in that it is self sufficient, produces its own oil, gas and petrochemical products and doesn't just rely on tourism for its income.
The waters around Trinidad are a little murky on the Venezuela side due to the runoff from the Orinoko river in Venezuela, but generally speaking the Caribbean side (Maracas bay and Las Cuevas) is quite clear.
Tobago is by far the quieter of the two islands and has the better beaches, but for hustle, bustle and nightlife, not to mention the world famous Carnaval, Trinidad is the place to be.
Trinidad is heavily influenced by the US, it has strong connections wherever you look, from advertising to video stores to fast food restaurants (KFC is an INSTITUTION on the island, its got such a grip that the two McDonalds' that opened up had to close down again!)
There is also a lot of British influence, driving on the left hand side of the road for instance, as TnT got its independance from the UK in 1963.
Since then, even though natural wealth has been discovered, corruption and crime have become rife on the island, but, for the most part, its generally targeted at islanders and business men, not specifically at tourists.
Pronounced Juvay (its French), and meaning Open Day, this is the last opportunity to join a band to make the parade of... more travel advice
We ended up staying at Moniques the second time we were in Trinidad, basically we were after something near to port of... more travel advice
johnkebab's Related Pages
Trinidad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Introduction to Trinidad"
- "Trinidad, the business side of T&T"
- "Fast Phased life & slow moving traffic"
- "Trinidad Born to Lime"
- "Trinidad - Where it all began!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trinidad
- Hotels in Trinidad
- Transportation in Trinidad
- Nightlife in Trinidad
- Restaurants in Trinidad
- Shopping in Trinidad
- Warnings and Dangers in Trinidad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trinidad
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Trinidad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trinidad
Photos in TrinidadSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kourou Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paramaribo Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Oiapoque Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Trinidad hotel reviews
- Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Trade Winds Hotel
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hilton Trinidad
- 524 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Maracas Bay Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Pax Guest House
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- The Emerald Apartments & Plaza
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Crews Inn Hotel & Yachting Centre
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Anise Resort and Spa
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- The Royal Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Cove at Chaguaramas Bay
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 7, 2012
- Blanchisseuse Beach Resort and Laguna Nature Lodge
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 28, 2013
- Coconut Cove Holiday Beach Club
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Cara Suites - Pointe a Pierre
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Palm's Hotel Trinidad
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013