"Cayenne in Brief" Cayenne by johnkebab
Cayenne Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 28 photos
First of all, Cayenne is the city situated on the ?le de Cayenne, its not two separate places, wanted to clear that up to avoid confusion.....
The city (large town), itself is quite diverse, it has areas of Colonial buildings, a reasonably attractive park area (les palmistes) and a very good and bustling market on Weds, Fri and Sat.
Cayenne is surrounded by the sea on 2 sides, this generally makes for a good cooling breeze, which is needed in the dry season, but it also makes for torrential rain in the wet season (then again, its common all over 'La Guiane')
Cayenne is generally cheaper than Kourou and has a lot more choice, nowadays it actually has a decent hypermarket too - things are looking up!
However, it also has (as do all towns), some very run down and dangerous areas, that aren't too far away from areas deemed safe, so be careful, although it's in a department of France, its still in South America and there is a lot of poverty.
About 20km outside of Cayenne is the National Reserve of Roura, which is situated in the 'Mountains' of Roura, there is... more travel advice
Every saturday night during the build up to Carnaval, the Touloulou takes place, and as far as I'm aware, its the only... more travel advice
johnkebab's Related Pages
Cayenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cayenne in Brief"
- "The Amazonian jungle in Europe"
- "Cayenne a french town in south america"
- "France in South America!"
- "Cayenne Travel Page"
- "CAYENNE CAPITAL OF FRENCH GUIANA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cayenne
- Nightlife in Cayenne
- Shopping in Cayenne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cayenne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cayenne
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cayenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cayenne
Photos in CayenneSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Perth Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kourou Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint-Laurent du Maroni Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trinidad Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination French Guiana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belém Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paramaribo Intro, 11 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tobago Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Oiapoque Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos