"A Short Tour to Ireland" Ireland by no1birdlady

Ireland Travel Guide: 15,734 reviews and 35,466 photos

Tours of Ireland

Tours can show you a lot of Ireland. I visited on a Cosmos Tour which included England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. We only spent 6 days in Ireland but it was quite memorable. I would like to return and do a tour of just Ireland to see a lot more of it. I find that I like tours because they are an easy way to travel. You don't have to go to the trouble of finding accomodations, or places to eat. The tour guide provides a lot of very interesting information about the places that you visit and also the countryside you are driving through. I have traveled independently but have learned much more about the places I have visited since I've started taking tours. It is also interesting meeting other people with the same interests that you have on the tour. And last but not least, there is safety in numbers. Traveling by yourself isn't very safe any more. The tour guides do a very good job of taking care of you.

Ireland's Big Cities and Small Villages

I really enjoyed the time we spent in the larger cities such as Dublin, Galway and even Limerick. There was much to see and time for shopping as well. In Galway my friend was fascinated by a unique music store. We also had tours of the cities which were quite interesting such as seeing the Georgian architecture in Dublin.
But we also visited a lot of small villages which were delightful and looked much like they did in the past.
Another fun thing about a tour is that the guide fits music and stories to the places you are visiting such as a lot of limericks for us when we were visiting Limerick! And who can visit Ireland without learning about St. Patrick.

Natural Areas of Ireland

As my VT name suggests, I am I bird watcher and lover of nature. I found time on the tour to look at birds at some of the natural places we visited. Ireland is the most amazing green. I'm not sure there is a crayola in the box of 64 that adequately conveys this green. It's such a beautiful country and there are many beautiful natural areas to visit. We only visited a few such as The Burren, The Cliffs of Moher, Galway Bay and The Ring of Kerry but even at Blarney Castle I watched a Dipper ( a bird) bathing in the stream on the grounds. Several birds were in trees on the grounds of St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin and there were Fulmars at the Cliffs of Moher and lots of sea birds seen in the Irish Sea on the ferry trip to and from Ireland. Nature is all around you in this beautiful country.

• Pros:It is a delight to visit.
  • Cons:None that I saw.
  • In a nutshell:I love Ireland so much that I want to go back. That tells you something.
  • Last visit to Ireland: Sep 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 4, 2005

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2006 at 3:32 AM

A very interesting page about the country I hope to visit one day. For many years I opted for individual travels, but I don't say 'no' to package tours. I've just bought one to Greece. Btw, 'buskers' are street musicians.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 5:50 AM

Nice page on beautiful Ireland - shame about the shamrock!

• aliante1981's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 1:48 PM

Hope to make it to Ireland this year. I knew there was quite a lot to see, but I've never heard of that book!

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2005 at 4:10 PM

I loved reading your Ireland pages. How great that you were able to have time to see some birds at the various stops. I read "Angela's Ashes" after our Ireland trip. Maybe we can catch the church and pub in Limerick the next time? Marcia

no1birdlady

“Expectation keeps you young. I wonder what will happen when I kiss this frog?”

Badges & Stats in Ireland

Have you been to Ireland?

Latest Activity in Ireland