"Happening Grand Rapids" Grand Rapids by no1birdlady
Grand Rapids Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 24 photos
After attending the Tulip Festival in nearby Holland, Michigan, we spent 2 days in Grand Rapids to see a few things in that interesting city. From the Gillett Bridge in front of the Gerald Ford Museum you can see a main-made rapid in the river. Are there really "grand" rapids here? No one in the museum knew. In the early days settlers here crossed the river in boats or on the ice in the winter. By 1850 there were covered toll bridges. The railroad required more bridges in 1858. The Gillett Bridge is now a pedestrian bridge.
Gerald Ford was the 38th president of the United States. There is a 20 minute film when you first go in and then you... more travel advice
no1birdlady's Related Pages
Grand Rapids Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Here's the skinny...."
- "Happening Grand Rapids"
- "Spent a week in Grand Rapids on a business trip."
- "Grand Rapids, Michigan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Rapids
- Hotels in Grand Rapids
- Transportation in Grand Rapids
- Restaurants in Grand Rapids
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Rapids
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Grand Rapids?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Rapids
Photos in Grand RapidsSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- England Intro, 49 reviews, 52 photos
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 57 photos
- Italy Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos
- Puerto Rico Intro, 33 reviews, 32 photos
- Kenya Intro, 30 reviews, 33 photos
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Panama Intro, 17 reviews, 34 photos
- Paris Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- Texas Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos