Kuala Lumpur Favorite Tips by sheherezad
Kuala Lumpur Favorites: 260 reviews and 275 photos
Favorite thing: Go to the taxi ticket counter at the arrival hall to purchase taxi coupons and then get the taxi from outside the arrival hall. This system was adopted to avoid passengers being fleeced by unscrupulous taxi drivers (unfortunately, KL is notorious for that!)
Favorite thing: For a trip from the city to the airport, always call a cab! You'll end up paying for the metered charge + the toll + RM13 (if I recall correctly!).
I always use Sunlight taxi company (03 90575757). In fact you can call the taxi company in advance, e.g. the night before to book a taxi (for airport only).
Never trust quotes given by taxis that are waiting outside a hotel! They almost always refuse to use the meter and overcharge!
As for travel within KL I would also recommend calling a taxi - you pay a nominal sum for the call service (still RM2 I think!) on top of the metered charge but you save yourself the heartache and hassle of haggling/arguing with the cab driver or him giving you the run around on a longer, more circuitous route! Especially after they ask you, which way you want them to drive you (a test to see if you know your way around town)!
And once you find an honest cab drive, take down his number, so you call call him the next time round.. I do this whenever I need a taxi to the airport or anywhere else, when necessary.
Favorite thing: Take a look at the Plaza Premium Lounge at KLIA at: http://www.malaysiasite.nl/loungeng.htm
I haven't used the one at KLIA but have used the one in SIN to shower/rest after my long haul flight from SFO.
And I purchased the lounge pass online prior to arrival but do check if you can buy them upon arrival..
You can book online via: http://www.plaza-asia.com/#
More Reviews (14)
sheherezad's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 322 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Posted in Travel Reunion Forum "Re: Arrival tips and hotel..."
- Wrote a Review KL city transit and GO-KL free buses in Kuala Lumpur Transportation
- Commented on one of sheherezad's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travelogue "A Minangkabau Wedding"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Minangkabau Wedding"
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peru Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Malaysia 19 reviews
- Sydney Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Melaka Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Valparaíso Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Bali Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Pulau Langkawi 4 reviews, 5 photos
Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
- Backpacker's Travellers Inn
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Mandarin Court Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Pondok Lodge
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2012
- Hotel China Town 2
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- De First Inn Kuala Lumpur
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2012
- Pujangga Homestay
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2012
- Seasons Tower
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 4, 2008
- D'Oriental Inn, Kuala Lumpur
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 20, 2013
- Dorsett Regency (Sri Jati Apartments)
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 25, 2010
- StayOrange.com Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2011
- Travellers Moon Lodge
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 9, 2013
- Tang City Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Corona Inn
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Petronas Twin Towers- 253 Reviews, 439 Photos
- Batu Caves- 116 Reviews, 256 Photos
- Chinatown- 96 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Genting Highlands- 43 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Bukit Bintang- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Merdeka Square- 73 Reviews, 118 Photos
- Royal Palace (Istana Negara)- 28 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Putrajaya- 43 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Little India- 19 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Bird Park- 35 Reviews, 85 Photos
See All Kuala Lumpur Things to Do